Hi, I’ve got loads of things to tell you. So, in this episode you will hear about:
– Competition results and winners (woo) -See below for the winner and 2 runners up.
– New website information www.teacherluke.wordpress.com (check it out)
– News about me moving to Paris for a while (ooh la la)
– News about the Queen’s Jubilee and other things happening in London (it’s an exciting time)
– A new comedian/musician who I recently discovered (see the video below)
COMPETITION RESULTS!!! Here are the winners of the competition.
1. Camila from Brazil
2. Kirill from Belarus / Kiyomi from Japan
WELL DONE CAMILA and congratulations to Kirill and Kiyomi too! Please send me your addresses and I will send you prizes. Top prize is the Macmillan Phrasal Verbs Dictionary. Runners-up prizes are an Oxford Phrasal Verbs dictionary and an Oxford Idioms dictionary. Congratulations to the winners, but also thank you to everyone who took part in the competition.
That’s it for this episode. Thanks for donations. They make this podcast possible.
Here’s a video of Reggie Watts (Live at PopTech 2010)
It may be difficult to understand Reggie Watts. The main point of his comedy is that Reggie copies different speech patterns and switches between them very quickly. One moment he sounds like a posh English professor, then he sounds like a rapper from New York, then he sounds like an English cockney, and then he does an incredible song by creating loops on an effects unit and singing/rapping over the top.