Help me build my pod-castle!
Vote here: www.britishpodcastawards.com/vote
Click the link and search for “luke’s english podcast”
Thank you to everyone who’s already voted.
Fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞
Vocabulary in this Mini Episode
- to be in with a chance (of doing something)
- you need to achieve certain milestones
- it shows that you’re getting somewhere, you’re making progress
- it’s a flag you can wave or a banner you can show to people
- you need flags you can fly from the top of the castle
- to fly the flag of victory
- I’m asking you to do me a favour in return for the free things I’ve been giving to you
- “I can’t be bothered“
- “I think I’ll just not bother“
- it would mean the world to me
- it’s up to you whether I actually get this or not
- I’m hoping, praying, wondering whether or not it’s actually possible
- listen to me begging!
- that would be a nice birthday present, wouldn’t it?
- get your skates on
- don’t hang around
- don’t put it off, it’s not the washing up!
- you need to do it sooner rather than later
- don’t leave it until the last minute
- men, women and any other denomination you choose to respect
- I didn’t video the second one because I’d run out of memory on my camera-thing
- I was up for about an hour and a half at a very ungodly hour
- she got a bit over-excited
- I’ve got a dry, painful, sore throat and I’ve got a blocked-up nose
- it’s raining and its a bit chilly