Amber & Paul are back on the podcast in this episode as we respond to some questions and comments from the website and social media. Video available. Some swearing and rude language.
- Amber is from London in England, but she’s been living in France for ages and she speaks fluent French.
- She has the loveliest voice in the known universe, causing hundreds of thousands of listeners from around the world to melt as soon as she begins talking.
- She has a son called Hugo who makes dinosaur noises and poos under tables (well, once).
- She sometimes has nightmares about fish.
- She loves listening to audiobooks and BBC Radio 4.
- She sometimes works as a teacher with kids, but also has a background in theatre. In fact she studied mime for 2 years (actually it’s “physical theatre”)
- She is a tour guide in Paris sometimes. In fact she is very well read and knows a lot about the history of this great city.
- One of these days she’s going to produce her own podcast about the history of Paris and everyone is waiting for it expectantly. No pressure.
- She recently learned the words burlap, gaslighting and Hobson’s choice. Listen to episode 431 for more details.
- She’s probably more intelligent than either of us.
- Paul is from Canterbury in England, which is in Britain, which is in the UK, which is in Europe (sort of).
- He’s from England but also spent some time growing up in France where, as a child, he once nearly burned down his house and stabbed himself in the face with a kitchen knife while pretending to be one of the teenage ninja turtles.
- He has a funny, infectious laugh which causes my listeners to make fools of themselves on public transport when they can’t help laughing too (which is one of the aims of this podcast)
- He has naive eyes (a reference to a comment by a listener called Olga a couple of years ago).
- He doesn’t know any words. (kidding of course)
- He speaks French with “no accent”.
- He also speaks Spanish, and has a bit of a talent for doing accents in English.
- He used to work for Apple but quit his job to do comedy. It’s going pretty well.
- He does his one man stand up show #Franglais twice a week to sold out audiences and his TV show “WTF France?” is a hit on YouTube and Canal+
- He used to do a podcast called “Becoming a Comedian” which was all about the challenges of becoming a comedian, but now he’s become a comedian so the “Becoming a Comedian Podcast” is now redundant!
Comments & Questions from Listeners
Nick (on our recent ‘restaurants’ episode)
I was missing Paul’s laugh while listening to this…
Anonymous (on an episode from few months ago)
Amber’s voice seduced me
I just found this comment now…
Oh, dear… [thinking it’s too late]
If I could add some message for both Amber and Paul…
I am looking forward to listening to your podcast with the most lovely voice in the world!!!
I have been checking all video of “What The Fuck France” and can not wait next episodes and other videos on YouTube!!!
And please join in LEP sometime when you have time…
Hi, Luke. I wonder when we should expect the release of Amber’s podcast and how we can find it.
I am looking forward to Amber’s podcast. I love her.
Hello,Luke,Amber and Paul! How are you doing?
My questions are
1.You are very funny. Did you use to make jokes in the classroom when you were students?
2. If you could have a special power, what would it be?
3. What food would you bring to a desert island?
Sorry for my silly questions.
Have a nice recording. I’m looking forward to listening to the Pod Pals!
And I can’t wait for Amber’s podcast!
Do you guys have favorite YouTubers?
Paul: JaackMaate (angry rants by a British guy in a shed)
Amber: Diane Love (not really a YouTuber but she does have some lovely hula-hooping videos)
Luke: Nerdwriter1 (Brainy video essays)
Jairo Trujillo García
Good luck for the show tonight!!! 👍
Question : What do you admire the most about the people you are sitting with right now ?
and why ?
oksipuskya (Comment on the TripAdvisor episode – episode 431)
One day about 10 years ago I’d a supper with my future husband and his father in a roadside cafe on the way home. The waiter brought my meal and we three noticed a small insect lying on the plate. In spite of this I ate all the supper. Then my husband’s father said that his son had to marry me. If I hadn’t been frightened to eat it I wouldn’t be struck by family routine. (?)
This image from Chris Benitez for fans of the Russian Joke (don’t know where it was originally posted)
Boy Trent (On YouTube)
Are you the same luke english who bid on a PS4 PRO system on ebay at the last minute? Then. Didn’t pay or leave me with any information as to what was going on? Ebay are now going to issue you with a non payment mark on the 19th March. 2017.
I should state that many honest people were bidding on this item and strangely – you appeared out of nowhere at the very last minute. After I had blocked bids from the usual eastern european fraudsters et al.
I am a person of integrity and honesty and am really sick and tired of people making false bids on items. Destroying the core purpose of ebay and leaving me with an unsold item and without £300 from the honest bidder you dishonestly won over.
Yes. I am angry. etcetc…
Sorry mate – you got the wrong guy! I’m not Luke English, my name’s Luke Thompson!
Hello Luke, Amber, and Paul,
Are you doing all right? As the French presidential election is drawing nearer, I was wondering what the three of you think about the candidates. After Brexit and the Italian constitutional referendum result, Marine Le Pen being the next French President could be the final blow for the European Union. In your opinion, does she stand a good chance to win the election? In this so-called ‘post-truth era’, do you consider opinion polls to be reliable enough?
All the best,