Amber and Paul join me in my pod room again for a rambling discussion about everything! Includes a language point about adjective + preposition collocations. Notice the phrases and try to find examples of them in context. Video version available.
Video Version (Automatic subtitles available)
Check out the premium series which accompanies this episode (P39 parts 1-3) 👇
Sign up to LEP Premium to get the 3-part series of episodes (audio, video, PDFs) about the language point in this episode.
- P39 Part 1 – All about the grammar of prepositions and how they fit into sentences, including plenty of vocabulary and a quick pronunciation exercise at the end
- P39 Part 2 – Let’s go through my list of adjective + preposition phrases from the conversation with Amber & Paul. I’ll test your memory and help you notice the target language, while clarifying some of the adjectives. Also includes discussion questions for free practise.
- P39 Part 3 – Pronunciation, pronunciation, pronunciation, pronunciation, pronunciation. The 5 Ps. There’s a focus on weak forms of prepositions, -ed endings of adjectives and 40 sentences to repeat after me.
Sign up for LEP Premium here and then add LEP Premium episodes to an app on your phone.
Some vocabulary in the episode
Here are a few words and phrases that you will hear us saying at the start of the episode.
- Let’s do a wager. How long do you think it’s going to be?
- I think he’s probably written a short introduction. The problem is he gets waylaid.
- To go down a rabbit hole.
- There is room for random rambling and tangents. I have factored that into the exercise. That’s all been factored in.
- If I’d been left to my own devices I think I would have cracked that in about 2 minutes, but because I kept getting interrupted by you two, it took longer!
- Zero rigour. I’m not rigorous enough.